Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Ideas

My idea for this project came from my last self authorship project where I looked at Vahram Muratyan, who created the book Paris vs New York. He was my inspiration to started drawing again even if it is using a laptop, I was able to create beautiful simply drawings that have helped me develop my style. 



As this book has become the start of my inspiration for my work and ideas I wanted to carry on the theme. In the next month I will be going to Rome which is one of the most historic, romantic and busy city's in the world with the amazing opportunity to go I wanted to do an almost journal of the things iv seen. I went on to think I could compare England to Rome in a similar way to Vahram Muratyan, when he lived in Paris and Rome. 

I want to compare the everyday things such as bread, cars, roads, road signs etc as this is what we see everyday. I also want to compare historic buildings such the coliseum and big ben. I want this to be a fun project where I can keep something that is a diary of the time in Rome.   

Rome




England




For some inspiration I have been collecting images that represent Rome and England. This is a sort of starting point for this project, as it helps me think of what is different.

For some inspiration I could look into:


  • Food
  • Buildings
  • Inspirational people like the queen, singers, writers
  • Animals like type of dogs seen
  • Sign's
  • Drinks 
  • On the map
  • Typography
When I go to Rome this will make it a bit easier to collect images of my own however images from the internet and books will help me till then. 

English food:




Roman food:





These are the kinds of things I would like in my book as they define each country.  


As I have been to London  a few times when I have been there I have taken a lot of images to keep of my time there which many of us do, I could use my own images for London as well as Rome, I could even draw myself if I am in the images.

New Idea

After giving this some more thought I think that I need to pick an area in both cities that I can focus on, simply because I have found it hard to focus on a wide range of differences. I want to focus one thing in particular such as taxi's or drinking glasses etc. 
  • Road signs 
  • Food 
  • Other transports
  • People 
I think this will make a more interesting book if its more focused and it just means that when I go to Rome I can take photos and maybe have them included in the book. 

As I think that I'm struggling to draw images i think having a mixture might be good and a good comparison. 

A major part of this is that I don't want to miss out on anything when I'm there so I think a more focused idea is good. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment